A Word About Eagle Creek
Founded by travelers for travelers, Eagle Creek has developed as today’s premier travel outfitter. During their 40 years they have gathered research and tips from their experienced ‘tribe of travelers’. Their innovative travel system of gear reflects a thorough understanding of the needs and demands of an adventure traveler.
Born in 1975, the Eagle Creek brand was developed in the San Jacinto Mountains of California, by Steve and Nona Barker. They focused all their efforts on pack manufacturing, becoming leaders in the market for adventure and outdoor travel gear.
An Eagle Creek duffel will last you years – and that’s intentional. Eagle Creek is eco-conscious, “we make gear that lasts to lessen the amount of waste in landfills.” Their commitment to quality and durability sets their product apart.
Eagle Creek is in high demand, and, in the case that you like the Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel Review, you can get more detailed information about the entire Eagle Creek travel system on their official website. One of the reasons why people like them is because they offer more than just a product to their customers.
Their official site features a ‘Travel Hub’ where customers can access everything from packing lists, to product selection guides, and helpful packing videos, there’s even a blog maintained by Eagle Creek travel experts.
Overall, their site is stocked with information and resources that any traveler or outdoor adventurer might want for their next trip.
The No Matter What Duffel Series
Before we get to the Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel Review, let’s get a snapshot of the entire series so that you can see the big picture.
In the No Matter What Duffel series, Eagle Creek provides great variety with six different bags: No Matter What Rolling Duffel XL, No Matter What Rolling Duffel Large, No Matter What Duffel Small, No Matter What Duffel Medium, No Matter What Duffel Large, and No Matter What Duffel XL.
Each model is unique but maintains a continuity across the entire series, mainly in terms of design and functionality. While frequent flyers would agree that the No Matter What Duffel Small is best for those who need a sturdy carry-on, campers and surfers prefer the No Matter What Rolling Duffel XL for it’s ability to carry heavy weight on sturdy large wheels.
You really can’t go wrong with Eagle Creek. The entire series is filled with top-notch products, and they’re available in different colors and sizes. There’s something to fit everyone’s needs.
Style and Design of Eagle Creek’s No Matter What Duffel
The original No Matter What Duffel is black with black accessories, stylized with a modern Eagle Creek™ logo on the side, for a clean, classic look. The model is available in nine different color variants and these are:
- Black – A casual, neutral color variant that can easily combine with most fashion styles. Great for any place and any time;
- Slate Blue – a cool color that inspires and motivates;
- Cobalt- a stand out color that conveys confidence and adventure;
- Firebrick – The striking Red color variant is something that is bound to catch positive attention.
- White/Cobalt – clean, crisp white with a trim of that eye-catching cobalt;
- White/Strobe Green- Never lose your bag in a crowd! This white bag with it’s electric green trim is sure to stand out!
- White/Black- Another classic, clean look that can easily combine with most fashion styles. Great for any place and any time;
- Olive- a meditative color that inspires peace and relaxation, perfect for the chill traveler;
- Red Clay- an earthy, rich color that has a desert beauty;
Every size of the No Matter What Duffel (small, medium, large and XL) sports the same design, style, and features, and each model is comprised of the same materials as the next; water repellent Bi-Tech fabric for strength and durability.
The sport style of the Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel is not just functional, it is classic and timeless. Every color variation offers a chance to show your personality through your luggage. This bag will last you years and will never look dated, always stylish.
The No Matter What Rolling Duffel is a variation of the original No Matter What Duffel, and comes in two sizes: Large and XL. It is offered in five color variants: black, red clay, cobalt, slate blue and firebrick.
Eagle Creek offers a variety of duffel sizes to meet your travel needs. Conveniently located on Eagle Creek’s official website is a user-friendly buyer’s guide that will help you determine the best bag for your needs by assessing: the length of your journey, modes of transportation, type of travel and planned activities. The Eagle Creek blog is also a fantastic resource to gather information on how travel experts have used the products on real adventures.
Dimensions of the No Matter What Duffel series:
- No Matter What Duffel Small: 18 x 12 x 11 in | 46 x 30 x 28 cm
- No Matter What Duffel Medium: 24 x 12 x 11 | 61 x 30 x 28 cm
- No Matter What Duffel Large: 30 x 15 x 14 in | 76 x 38 x 36 cm
- No Matter What Duffel XL: 36 x 15 x 14 in | 91 x 38 x 36 cm
- No Matter What Rolling Duffel Large: 30 x 15 x 14 | 76 x 38 x 36 cm
- No Matter What Rolling Duffel XL: 36 x 15 x 14 in | 91 x 38 x 36 cm
The Overall Rating of the No Matter What Duffel for Style and Design is 5 out of 5 stars. As you can see, Eagle Creek offers duffels in an impressive range of sizes and an array of colors that will almost make it hard choose a favorite! The color combinations are modern and complimentary. The expert advice given on Eagle Creek’s website regarding the size and the dimensions of duffels are sure to meet the unique needs of any traveler. The style and design of the No Matter What Duffel is top-of-the-line compared to other packs like it on the market.
Eagle Creek’s No Matter What Duffel Comfort
Being extremely lightweight is the top comfort feature of the Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel. The material provides protection for delicate packed items, but not at the expense of carrying a bulky, heavily padded bag.
Another favorite feature of the duffel is its comfortable padded shoulder straps and compression straps which help distribute the weight of the pack. A non-slip grip handle is a thoughtful touch, considering that the adventure traveler is bound to be caught in the rain now and again.
Along with comfort comes security. No Matter What Duffel owners can feel secure knowing that their belongings are safe, because the duffel is even equipped with lockable zippers!
The Overall Rating of the No Matter What Duffel for Comfort is 5 out of 5 stars. The No Matter What Duffels Bi-tech fabric and craftsmanship set it apart. This is a pack that will last you years and years through rigorous travel adventure.
Eagle Creek’s No Matter What Duffel Durability
One of the signature features of the No Matter What Duffel is its reputation as a pack that lasts.
Each duffel is produced with abrasion-resistant, water repellant, Bi-Tech™ fabric with a protective storm flap. The material is not only resistant to rips and tears but also to sun damage and fading. Going a step further, Eagle Creek has anticipated the travel demands the duffel will need to endure and has added strategic seam reinforcement in high-stress areas, hearty webbing, and high strength to weight ratio in all of its duffels.
When considering the No Matter What Rolling Duffel, it comes with all the same great durability features as the original but with wheels that feature a large tread to tackle tough terrain.
Customers have traveled the globe with this bag- Africa, Asia, South America! In addition to holding up against the elements, they love the way that it cleans up and folds up easily after a messy trek or long adventure.
Finally the “No Matter What” Lifetime Warranty is exactly what you look for when trying to find quality products to last you, well, a lifetime. They will either repair or replace your gear as long as it’s not torn apart by your mishandling. If it’s an error on their end, they will work to make it right and get your duffel or a new one out to you quickly.
The Overall Rating for Eagle Creek’s No Matter What Duffel Bag gets 4 out of 5 stars. The reason we are not giving it 5 is because there are certain areas on the bag that you can start to see seams fraying after packing it completely full and lugging it around for awhile. Aside from this the bag is a gem and definitely worth considering.
Features of Eagle Creek’s No Matter What Duffel
Time to get down to the knitty-gritty. Experienced adventure travelers have a mental checklist of their “must-haves” for travel gear. Now let’s take a closer look at everything this duffel has to offer- you’ll be impressed with how much thought has gone into every detail.
- Abrasion-resistant, water repellant, Bi-Tech™ fabric with protective storm flap shields gear from the rough and tough, rain or shine.
- Strategic seam reinforcement in high-stress areas, hearty webbing, and high strength to weight ratio heavy-duty Bi-Tech™ fabric.
- Roll and stash in stuff pouch for a compressed storage option; stuff sac also doubles as smart place to stash your muddy shoes or gear.
- Padded adjustable (and removable) shoulder strap for hauling gear over your shoulder, with non-slip center haul handle, and side grab handles, to get your cargo from here to there.
- #10 lockable zippers on main compartment so you can lock your bag should you choose to check or stash it.
- Front zippered pocket for quick stash items.
- External compression straps stabilize internal cargo.
- Back slip panel secures your duffel to the top of your wheeled carry-on, assisting you with a much-easier transport.
The Overall Features Rating of the No Matter What Duffel is 5 out of 5 stars. As you can see, only an experienced tribe of travelers could have designed such an intuitive duffel! Sometimes you don’t know how much you want a feature until you really need it- and Eagle Creek has made anticipating your travel needs the hallmark of their business. Buyer confidence for this product is incredibly high. You aren’t just purchasing a brand, the list of features speaks for itself.
Value for the Price
As any diligent customer would, during this review you’ve been weighing the intrinsic value of this product with the monetary value- is the pack a good deal? To weigh in, let’s recap the likes and dislikes of the Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel features.
The good about Eagle Creek’s No Matter What Duffel:
- Unparalleled quality material – with Abrasion-resistant, water repellant, Bi-Tech™ fabric.
- Extremely comfortable to wear – Padded adjustable (and removable) shoulder strap, non-slip center haul handle, and side grab handles make the duffel a breeze to get around with.
- A manifold of unique features – every single feature from the treaded wheels on the rolling duffel, to the lockable zippers, shows attention to detail and anticipation of your travel needs.
- An amazing warranty: The No Matter What Warranty covers the Liftetime Warranty promise plus the added insurance of repair or replacement due to damage, regardless of the cause.
- Perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and world travelers –Eagle Creek’s No Matter What Duffel is specifically made for Hikers, Bikers, Adventurers, Explorers, and outdoor hobbyists.
The bad about Eagle Creek’s No Matter What Duffel:
- The Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel is on the more expensive side of duffels; not the most expensive, but not at an accessible price perhaps for college age or young travelers.
The Final Verdict
The Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel is truly a great value for the price. Sure, a cheaper duffel could be purchased; but the durability, design and long lasting life of this duffel will make it outlast similar packs for years, increasing its true value. It’s manifold of unique features will not be found in other basic duffels. If you are shopping with the purpose of outdoor adventure in mind, this duffel is the bag for you! Overall rating of the Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel is 4.5 out of 5 stars.